Under pressure from Trump, Mexico has launched a crackdown on the Guatemala border, arresting activists and holding migrants
The one area I support Trump on is his stance on illegal economic migration. It is in the US’s right and the righ to every nation state to protect its borders and this threat of tariffs seems to be having the desired effect on the Mexican authorities. There are legal channels set up for migration – these need to be adhered to.
- Critics say that the bill, as it currently stands, would not only create a legal backdoor for polygamous migrants to become German citizens, but would effectively legalize the practice for Muslim immigrants. The changes would, consequently, enshrine into German law two parallel legal systems, one based on German Civil Law and another based on Islamic Sharia law.
- In May 2013, RTL, one of Germany’s leading media companies, aired a documentary about how Muslims in Germany use polygamy to commit welfare fraud. Muslim men residing in Germany routinely bring two, three or four women from across the Muslim world to Germany, and then marry them in the presence of a Muslim cleric. Once in Germany, the women request social welfare benefits, including the cost of a separate home for themselves and for their children, on the claim of being a “single parent with children.”
- “The acquisition of German citizenship is more than just a formality, but also expresses the recognition of a system of values. Polygamy is a form of marriage that disregards the rights of women and is incompatible with this order of values. Therefore, there is a need for legislative action here.” — Secretary General of the Free Democratic Party, Linda Teuteberg.
- “If people who are arriving here are married to several women according to foreign laws, we currently have to recognize these marriages. This is an unacceptable contradiction. We cannot just accept polygamy because another legal system allows this. We do not want to accept harems in Germany.” — Bavarian Justice Minister Winfried Bausback.
- Yaqub Ahmed was saved from deportation by passengers on board a plane
- The dramatic incident was caught on camera and shared widely on social media
- Ahmed, 29, was being deported to Somalia for raping a 16-year-old girl in 2007
- His victim breaks her silence in an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday
- She describes the horror of watching the moment he was saved by passengers
Belgian police use teargas on the protesters in Brussels. Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Getty Images
About 5,500 people attend rally organised by Belgian far-right party Vlaams Belang
Good that the Belgians are at last waking up to the failure of their governments’ advocacy of multiculturalism and divserity which has been an absolute disaster for the country, as witnessed by the activities of Islamic extremists’ killing of innocent civilians on Belgian soil.
The UN non-binding international agreement to manage the global migration crisis is also an unmitigated disaster, for European nations in particular, and those countries that have refused to sign it have adopted the correct approach.